2015年11月3日火曜日

Welcome to my Blog!


Hi! This is Kunio Nakahata’s blog.
These days, this blog gets a lot of access from countries where none of my friends lives nor stays. It is great surprise but pleasure for me. So this time, for readers who don’t know me, I’ll introduce myself and this blog in English.
I live near Tokyo in Japan. I teach philosophy, religion, ethics at some universities and colleges. As an academic researcher, I study especially the philosophy of Hegel, who is one of the most famous German philosophers, and besides, Christianity and modern Japanese literature. I’m not a professor but just a part - time instructor, and of course neither rich nor of high social status.
The title of this blog, “Here and There, at the Risk of my Life” is a word of Sakaguchi Ango’s, one of my favorite Japanese Novelists. It is a kind of a motto of his. Ango belonged to “Burai -group,” “
無頼派” in Japanese. “Burai” means to have nothing to rely on, or to be unable to depend on anything. I think the name of the group expresses inevitable positions and situations for the one like myself, who lives in the lower part of the academic world and has little chance to climb to the higher, but still has decided not to give up seeking the truth……oh, please excuse me if my words sound disagreeable.
In this blog, I write about what I think and feel in my daily lives, upload my papers, and announce the philosophical cafe which I hold every month in my town. I wish I could write both in Japanese and in English every time, but I’m sorry it’s completely beyond my command of English. However, if some of my works should be published in English or in other foreign languages someday, I’ll let you know and give some comments or further explanation on them in English here.
Thank you very much for reading my terrible English. Please visit here again anytime!
 
Please contact me on FB or on Twitter.